Today, you will be completing the following tasks individually. Be sure to follow the directions for each task.
Task 1: Olmecs, Mayans, Aztecs, & Incas Nearpod
- Go to nearpod.com and enter the code: NPCAM
- Complete the Nearpod
- You will need your head phones
Task 2: DotStorm
- Click "Add A Card" in the top right hand corner. In your card, answer the question: Which MesoAmerican civilization would you have rather lived in? Why?
- Be sure to answer in RACES format. Your answer will be anonymous to your peers, but I will be able to grade your response.
- Go through and find at least 2 of your peer's responses that you agree with. "Like" them by giving them a dot.
Task 3: Spanish Conquistadors in the West Indies
- Read the "Spanish Conquistadors in the West Indies".
- This is an account, written by Bartolome de las Casas. This is the same Spanish priest, who traveled with Columbus, and wrote the document about the Spanish abusing the Native Americans.
- Answer all 6 questions for a grade.
- You may work together, quietly.
Task 4: Geography of Mesoamerica
- When your group is called, you will come to my table.
- At my table, we will be discussing how the geography of the Americas shaped the Mesoamerican civilizations.
- We will be completing a map together.