Unless otherwise specified, all assignments are due the next day.
Students should study daily notes and information in anticipation of a quiz over that information the following day. We will not have quizzes each day but students should be prepared.
Discovering Our Past: A History of the United States Early Years
Username is student's school username
My Favorite Links
Ways to Contact me...
Smyrna Middle School 615-904-3845
Week beginning 9/11/2017
We are studying the 13 colonies
Board questions for 9/13/2017
answers are found in Chapter 3 section 2, completed work is due no later than Friday 9/15/2017
- Why was the Massachusetts Bay Company formed?
- What was the Great Migration?
- Why did people come to America during the Great Migration?
- Who was the governor of the Massachusetts colony?
- In Massachusetts, who was allowed to participate in government? Later, how does this change?
- What is religious tolerance?
- Why does Thomas Hooker form the colony, Connecticut?
- What was the Fundamental Orders of Connecticut?
- What is the significance of the Fundamental Orders of Connecticut?
- Why does Roger Williams create Rhode Island?
- What is significant about the colony of Rhode Island?
- When does New Hampshire become an independent colony?
Conflict with Native Americans
- Why did conflict exist between settlers and the Indians?
- What was King Philip’s War?
- What is significant about Metacomet’s defeat in King Philip’s War?
Work assignment for Monday, 9-18-2017
1-10 I am giving you the answers……read the section and write questions for the answers…..your questions must include page, paragraph and line(s) where you found the information.This is due tomorrow.
- 1. The sole owner and ruler of a colony.
- 2. Founded the colony of Pennsylvania.
- 3. A landowner in New Netherland.
- 4. Someone who refuses to fight wars.
- 5.surrendered to the English without a fight in 1664.
- 6.originally called New Amsterdam.
- 7.Named after an island in the English Channel.
- 8. Designed the “City of Brotherly Love”
- 9. 1701 Document granting Pennsylvania colonists the right to elect legislative representatives.
- 10.Some of the Pennsylvania’s southern colonies formed this colony.
- Work for Tuesday 9-19-2017
- Here are the answers, you write the questions....Chapter 3 section 4
- 1. People who worked off their passage to America.
- 2.Led a revolt against the Jamestown colony.
- 3.Last English colony established in America.
- 4.Colony created for Catholics.
- 5. Eliza Lucas developed this Carolina crop in the 1740’s.
- 6. Colony established for debtors.
- 7. Founded Georgia.
- 8.Carolina is Latin for this.
Thursday CFA #1